is_mobile, sto-id-editor, sto-id-pages, language, sp, _snow_ses.1cf4, _snow_id.1cf4, snowplowOutQueue_snowday__wn_post2, WeeblyDiceRollUser
Real Relationships bring you prosperity!
What's the deal with this?
I know the title may have made you twitch but stick with me. I am coming at this from a couple of ways below. And you may want to read to the end to get the full picture of what I am saying.
There are many in the church today that just stay away from the "organization". There are also many different reasons on why. Lets look at some of the reasons why below.
HOW MANY MAY VIEW CHURCH ORGANIZATIONS.
1. Abuse. These people have been abused in some way. It may have been their growing up, family, church or other Christians. To me, abuse is being mistreated, taking away your ability to say no, bringing confusion to your ability to say no, or you making another higher than yourself therefore putting them in a place to control you. This of course brings about unforgiveness, judgements made (rightfully or not) and fear. Healing is available for this, wholeness and freedom from past sins against us so we can truly love those around us.
2. Lenses. This is referring to the way you SEE things, people, bible, values, etc. This can come from life experience including #1 but also from the way we believe things that create wrong mindsets, belief systems and keep you in old "wineskins". The fruit of this can be offense, bitterness, fear, rejection, acceptance issues, etc. This can be fixed with healing and truth being spoken into us.
3. Accuser of the brethren. He has become your guide. I feel this is also a result of the first 2. I have always found it interesting that the name the enemy is called, in Revelation, is the "accuser of the brethren". Out of all the names, this is the one that was written. And so many Christians have issues with other Christians (brothers/sisters). I believe this is them agreeing with this accuser of the brethren and they then become his workers in the Kingdom :( it's so very sad. They feel they are "protecting" themselves when they separate or leave because of an offense when in actuality they are agreeing with the enemy and helping to keep division alive. Lets do what much of the new testaments states to us... forgive, esteem others higher than ourselves, love, don't hold offense, etc. Check out the scriptures below.
4. God's will. It has gotten in the way. This one is a doozy I feel. The church or ministry you are a part of takes a turn and/or begins a ministry or doesn't start a ministry. You get offended because you disagree, don't understand or because you feel God has spoken to you to do something different. Many of us cannot handle the unknown, the mysteries of God. We feel we should always understand and know why something is happening and when it is suppose to. Or if God did it one way in the past then it should be that way again. People leading different ministries are doing so with a passion, heart and vision God has given them. Me stating what someone should or shouldn't do in their ministry/church is like telling the governor you need to serve the poor daily and if he did he would neglect what he's been "called" to do.... govern a state.
Here are some points to stay away from the 4 TRAPS above:
1. Know you alone are not the fullness of God revealed. He has created all His children to carry pieces of Himself to reveal to the world. Why does this matter? Because we have to know we won't feel the same, see the same or know all the same. If so, God would only need you and no one else. We need each other. Romans 12:3-21 This scripture in itself is enough to tell us how to handle ourselves in the church when we have an offense or dislike of something.
2. Stating that church is the "body of Christ" so you are in church when you meet your friend for coffee isn't the same. Honestly you need to ask yourself is this a copout? To not face an issue or fear or hurt you have from the "body". Can you look at the "body" organization and have love for it or hatred? And what are the words that you speak often about HIS CHURCH BODY? Test your own heart. A great way to do this is with the word as it divides between the soul (mind, will & emotions) and the spirit. Hebrews 4:12. It will tell us where you are wrong if we humble ourselves to read it.
3. We have to remember and ask for revelation of God's, Jesus' and Holy Spirit's love for the body of Christ. Not just the ones you feel are good enough or not evil in your eyes, but ALL of His children... that's the purpose of the cross and resurrection.... to wash away all sin, not just those on the streets but those in the churches as well. Read Paul's letters. He knew about a lot of "wrong" in the "church" but still shared how his heart was soooo for them and he pursued connection and healing with them often. Read Colossians to see Paul's heart, Philippians 1:8-10 & 15-18, 2:16-17 & 19-20.
4. FORGIVE. I mean we know this is a basic in Christianity; It's how we all got saved. But someone we let this go and run away from it when it's another Christian hurting us. I have heard and seen Christians forgive a burglar or murderer quicker than the brother or sister that hurt them just last week in the service. Or the leader who didn't say hey or do what they emailed them to do or share a prophetic word they gave them. We have a major mindset shift that needs to change in the body for forgiveness with each other. There is no LIMIT to the blood of Jesus when it comes to forgiveness. So who are we to say who deserves forgiveness and who doesn't?
5. It MAY be, that all you need is not at your local church! Shocker I know. But God has your community and those to know you intimately in place and it may not be ones on Sunday morning. It could be your sister or brother in Christ that you serve along side of at the theater, your job or in a band or small group. Be open and don't limit or put God's ways in a box for your community and connections.
There are so many more points in each of these above but I didn't want a huge blog. If you have any questions on them, please reach out!
So why do we go to church?
It is a place of advancement, empowerment, pouring out and pouring in. A place where you can be challenged through the words from the pulpit and a place where you can receive prayer if needed and available. (And no I am not saying this is the only place :)) Do not miss out on your advancement because you feel the "gathering/organization" is not for you. Step out and be bright, BE YOU and share with others.
And here's another point. I am not saying that you should stay at a church that doesn't meet your passion or that you should not. We should be going to a church because God has told us to, Holy Spirit has led us and Jesus has graced us. As stated above the point of church is to bless and be blessed. Many focus on the latter... what can you do for me? I have noticed in each church I have attended, there has been something I haven't liked or wanted to do and they weren't, but I have always come back to the fact that "God sent me here". So WHAT CAN I GIVE, what is my place and what am I missing that I need to see? I have LEARNED to not judge and put down, but to bless and be a part of. It's freeing, you should try it! I encourage you to read Philippians 2 and be exhorted on how to love on those in your church and/or in a local church you visit.
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION AND EXPERIENCES IN THIS. AGREEING OR NOT. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR HIT THE BUTTON ABOVE, RIGHT SIDE, STATING "LETS CONNECT".
"LOVE FOR HIS BRIDE NEEDS TO BE DEEPER THAN ANY PAIN"
*SUBSCRIBE TO THE CONVERSATION AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THIS PAGE!*
This blog is written in hopes to inspire you to be an amazing YOU! To be real, honest, loving and kind. First to YOURSELF and then to others!